Mark Roemer Oakland Examines Why Commercial Duct Cleaning is So Important
According to Mark Roemer Oakland, most people who work in a centrally air-conditioned facility forget the importance of keeping that heating and cooling equipment clean. Let’s check out why commercial duct cleaning is so important:
- Health risk – The primary cause of cold, cough, and allergies is poor air quality. When you live or work in a closed space that has central air conditioning, the ducts of that system accumulate a lot of dust, pollen, and all kinds of things that can trigger allergies. Regularly cleaning those ducts helps you avoid harmful pathogens lingering in the air. A healthy environment keeps your family and workers safe and helps you avoid medical bills.
- Energy consumption – When there’s dust build-up in your HVAC system, it wastes a lot of power. You may end up paying at least a fifth more of your usual power bill when you have unclean ducts. Cleaning those ducts helps the fans and compressors to work efficiently and reduce power consumption. You’ll end up saving more money when you opt for regular commercial duct cleaning.
Moreover, since the heating and cooling components of your system perform efficiently without using more power, they don’t get damaged easily. You’ll end up paying less for repairs and your HVAC system will last you for a longer time.
- Mold – You may have noticed a musky and unpleasant mold recently and found dark patches of mold on the ceiling, walls, and other hidden corners of the room. When there’s mold in the room, the air ducts shouldn’t be any different. You should immediately get commercial duct cleaning to avoid mold.
Mold spores travel through the ducts and can spread to other rooms easily. These mold spores can lead to respiratory problems for your family or workers. Moreover, if there’s lint build-up in the ducts, it prevents cross-ventilation that can create the perfect humid environment for mold growth. That’s why cleaning those ducts regularly is very important.
- Dead animals – Ducts are enclosed and secured spaces that keep large predators out. That’s why a rodent that ends up in the duct may decide to call it home and start a family. They can spread diseases when they are alive and when they die, they will start releasing an unbearable rotten smell. Even if the rodents don’t die in the duct, their feces get spread through the HVAC system and bring down the air quality drastically. That’s why you need to get those ducts cleaned frequently.
- Air return grill – The air in your home or workspace is constantly recirculated. That’s why your HVAC system has air return grills. However, if the ducts are dirty, the air return grills pull back all those allergens, pathogens, and harmful bacteria back into the air. That’s why you need to make sure the girls and ducts are clean.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests that you hire a commercial duct cleaning company if you haven’t done it in a long time. It helps keep the environment safe, lowers energy consumption, and prevents the spread of diseases.